Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Package from P-Town


Tom at Waiting Til Next Year posted the above card from a pack of Heritage he cracked up for trade. Knowing no one ever claims Rays I did so and got a stuffed bubble mailer in the mailbox the other day from P-Town Tom. Cabrera just signed today with the Mets and they made a move for Neil Walker after missing out on the Zobrist sweepstakes to Tom's Cubs. The Winter Meetings are absolutely crazy this year and I love it.


He packed a ton of Rays in from a bunch of different set. The Beckham Obak and Richie Shaffer were my favorites out of the many Rays prospect cards inside. The Rays were talking about moving Alex Cobb who's recovering from TJ but talks seem to have stalled.


This red parallel Bazooka is super thick. I remember Zambrano on the early Devil Rays teams when they were losing 100 games every year.


Tom packed some Bravos in there too, including this SI Kids Glavine. I miss getting these cards as a kid but I guess they still make them because I just found one of Dansby Swanson.


Another oddball, this one from an old Baseball Card Magazine.


Murph and Lemmer!


More Murph, these are all minis. 


More team set needs from a fairly old set, I love the old players on new designs however.


One of my favorite Braves ever, the Mad Dog's personal catcher for many years - Eddie Perez who's now the longtime bullpen coach for the Braves and manages in the Venezuelan Winter League as well.

Thanks for all the great cards Tom, I'll hit you back soon!


3 comments:

  1. I think the SI for kids is my favorite. Those are getting harder to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom's been filling up mailboxes all over the country! Nice stuff. I love that 2000 Hank Aaron card.

    ReplyDelete