Monday, June 1, 2015

Flea Market Scores - Wagon Wheel goes round and round

Wasn't able to make my usual Memorial Day trip up to Atlanta, so I took the family over across the water to stay in St. Pete and go to the beach, on the way back me and the wife decided to stop in a new to us flea market. Place was huge but only had one card vendor, turns out that's all I needed to get my cardboard fix.




 Had to grab the Guy Fieri card with him in his signature bowling shirt and bleach blonde hair, unfortunately his glasses are on properly not backwards like he always seems to wear them to show off his sweet sunglass tanlines. Also picked up one of Stan Lee slinging some web at ya.





Back to baseball I got 2 of these 2006 Turkey Red cards, the Smoltz is kind of intimidating.


I can't get enough of these Gypsy Queen framed inserts, this one isn't as thick or serial #'d like my Shelby Miller out of this year's set but still a nice card none the less.

If you couldn't tell I am catching up alot and thus need even newer cards to complete my PCs, Freeman is of course one of them and picked up 2 Bowman Platinums, his first Bowman card and the Opening Day from this years set.


I got 32 cards from this guy and he charged me $7 so about a quarter a card but still beats buying retail and getting a bunch of Bryce Harpers.




5 comments:

  1. Is that the one off of I75 north of Tampa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No this is over in Pinellas County, the one you are thinking of is Big Top Flea Market they have a card show every month at Big Top

      Delete
  2. I live really close to the Wagon Wheel Flea Market. My dad would take me there often when I was a kid. It seemed like there were baseball card vendors every 10 feet. Now I'm an adult, getting back into the hobby, and I never have the desire to go there. I know of the vendor you're talking about. as I've seen his booth before. I wish there were more to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At Big Top Flea Market there is a card show on the 20-21st of this month, check it out it's only about an hour from you tops.

      Delete
  3. I believe I know who you're talking about. My grandpa lives in St. Pete and my brother and I went last summer. When I went there, there were two vendors and I went to both (posted about it last year). I've only been there two or three times and don't really like it there, but did find a few cool cards.

    ReplyDelete