Sunday, March 13, 2016

Flea Market Round Up VI - Vintage Food Issue Mania

Stopped by my local flea market yesterday right before they closed and went straight to the card dealer. He had a bunch of grocery bags full of cards that he had just bought. He was going through one full of basketball cards so I dug into one that had bazeball and pulled this bad boy out. 


An uncut Hostess box bottom of three cards still intact. 


I then started to pull a bunch of clean Kelloggs cards out. At this point he put all the basketball cards he was sorting back in the bag and told me for ten bucks I could take all the bags...


I now have 6 grocery bags full of cards to go thru, 5 baseball, 1 basketball. Yikes. 


I haven't gone through them all yet obviously but here's some of the Hostess cards I pulled out by skimming thru.


Schmidt!


I love the 70's


I got just a few Kelloggs cards, most in really good shape. Stay tuned to see what else I pull out of THE GROCERY BAGS!

Thanks for reading.

12 comments:

  1. That is exciting! Can't wait to see what else you pull out of those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! After seeing the Hostess cards, I would have dropped the ten dollars, and I'm not even a baseball collector.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Carter Panel is awesome! I would have dropped the $10 bill on the guy before he finished the sentence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tabbed for you my friend, I pretty much did that haha

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh! Mystery bags! This should be fun!
    Those Kellogg's card do look to be in fine shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mystery bags are always awesome! Looking forward to seeing what else you find. Those Kellogg's cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big, cheap mystery bags/boxes are the kind of things I pray to find at flea markets and the like. Looks like you have some cheap entertainment on your hand for a few days there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have been all over that myself. You done good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, I think that's the most Kellogg's cards I've ever seen in one place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's insane, dude must've ate a TON of cereal.

      Delete
  9. I could have not got the $10 out of my wallet fast enough. Great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I typically stay away from cards in bags... but with all of them Hostess and Kellogg's... I would have been all over them. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete