Sunday, January 24, 2016

I Got Him Back! - Mailbag + Retail Fail Pt. 2

As you may or may not have read here the other day,  I've decided to go after the whole 2015 Stadium Club set. I sent a bunch of cards from packs I bought when it came out to a few other bloggers (doh!) but there was one card I sold. I pulled a Bryant rookie out of the first rack pack I bought on release day and instantly used the money to go buy 3 or 4 more rack packs so no regrets there. 


But knowing this card would be the hardest to track down, why not knock it off first.  I hit ebay and won this guy back for about five bucks. The guy wanted 3 dollars for shipping, so I skimmed his other listings ending soon and was able to grab 3 autos for others plus this card:


For 99 cents! It was like killing 3 birds with one stone, Bryant rookie, Murph rookie plus  some nice trade bait. Not bad. 


Hit the LCS the other day and grabbed a single pack of the newest baseball release. Seven bucks but there's 5 autos a box so I figured it was worth a shot. 


No autos or even inserts,  Buehler was the best name I pulled. Pretty typical Elite design, the cards look good if your teams red I guess.


Here's the other guys I pulled, nothing crazy but most do have homes to go to at least. 


Didn't let that pack get me down though because I hit the 3/$1 hockey boxes. Those original Lightning alternates were awesome. 


Acetate action here. 


Ending this one with a pre-move Sakic, I liked the Avs as a kid first getting into hockey so I nabbed this one on the cheap. 

Thanks for stopping by and reading and enjoy the rest of your football Sunday. 

2 comments:

  1. I like your 3-for-$1 hockey grabs, especially that Shanahan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tore into that 90 Topps hockey set last night. It's a pretty fun set with a lot of people in unfamiliar places.

    ReplyDelete