Monday, November 30, 2015

Busting Packs - 2015 Panini Contenders Baseball


Was near Johnny B's in Lakeland the other day and picked up a couple packs of the newest baseball card product since Bowman Draft hasn't come out yet. Let's see what I got..


First card out of the first pack is A.J. Minter whom the Braves drafted 75th overall this summer. He would've been a first round pick according to most scouts if not for having TJS in March, another high risk high reward style pick for Atlanta. He projects as a closer as he pitches at 95-97mph


Another keeper even though I don't necessarily follow Gators baseball. Harrison Bader was drafted in the 3rd round by St. Louis. A big right handed bat with plus speed he could be on the fast track to Busch Stadium.


Here's the rest of the "base" cards I pulled - all available for trade even though I dig that black & white Frank Howard.


These School Colors card fell at 2 per pack and are pretty sharp looking, again all available for trade.


I had a hot hand pulling Brandon Koch cards, he was drafted by the Rays as a closer out of college. He had one of the best breaking balls in the draft according to mlb.com


The Old School Colors again fell at 2 per pack and are my favorites in black & white.


D.J. Peterson was once a Top-50 Prospect who's seemingly lost his way in the Mariners system. I can't remember the last big rookie to debut for Seattle maybe it has something to do with thier farm system.


Here's the 2 inserts I pulled - Julian Leon is the Dodgers top catching prospect so I think I know an Owl to send this to. Tyler Jay was the Twins first round pick this year so it is HIGHLY likely this one will be headed to Minnesota but it's all SUBJECTIVE.


I've been in Atlanta this past week visiting family for the holiday and my cousin gave me this replica ring from the Braves 20th anniverseray this past season. It's super heavy and really nice.

I went to the Falcons game yesterday and was let down by Matt Ryan yet again, he has taken a serious downturn in play these past few weeks and we are now completely out of the playoff picture unless we somehow get hot but I don't see that happening.. we'll see they head to Tampa next week along with me. As always thanks for reading.


4 comments:

  1. I'm considering picking up some packs of Contenders as well. Really nice looking product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Bader play in Peoria this summer. He's a good talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My roommate is a Falcons fan so I tend to watch their games that aren't head to head with Browns games. Sadly that means I saw this week's game. Sorry you were there for that. My roommate blames Shanahan and his play calling for Ryan's slippage. I know the second half of last year teams seemed to catch onto his schemes in Cleveland after a hot start.

    Anyway, at least you didn't have to put up with the ending of my Browns game!

    ReplyDelete