Thursday, September 15, 2016

Dime Box PWE - OFF HIATUS?

Hello all. Or at least those who still follow this dormant blog. I am still here guys, still accumulating cardboard at an unhealthy rate for both myself and you fine folks. 


With so many cards and trade packages backlogged/not written about it only seems right to jump back in with a trade package from another blogger who recently went on a extended hiatus - Nick the king of the Dimeboxes


To be honest I'm not sure when I got this package but it was sometime after Archives and Series 2 came out..


In typical recent Braves cardboard fashion only 2 of the 6 guys on this card are still with the club. 


Most of my time I used to spend blogging I have been spending watching the Braves minor leagues. Some nights I watch 3 games at once (always with the MLB Braves on the big screen) but mostly minor league baseball. I didn't expect it but it's caused me to fall even deeper in love with the game. Going to Gulf Coast League games to check out the young international prospects and being one of the only people there will do that to you. 


This is from behind home plate down in Bradenton at Pirates camp. Number 97 is Kyle Muller the Braves 2nd first round pick this year. I think I was one of about 7 spectators there. 


Gypsy Queen looks great again this year (5 months later)


So yeah I'm not ignoring baseball or baseball cards for that matter I've just allocated my time differently lately.


I've got a box FULL of cards to send to all of my trade partners. I hope you don't think I've forgotten about you all I'm still reading your blog posts just not constantly on blogger like I once was.


Thanks for reading my rant and I  will be posting more regularly. I have a few posts scheduled after this one so I guess you could say I'M BACK. 

6 comments:

  1. When the Cubs were in their dark period a couple years back, I too found myself more immersed in the minor league scene. After all, ironically, that's where the best players were at the time. Here's hoping that translates back to the big league club for you here in the next couple of seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you said, "Off Hiatus" I thought you were going to say that you are paying out on our bet already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may as well, going to a card show Sunday so I'll look for something then.

      Delete
  3. Great to see a post. Minor leagues can be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete